Facts and Figures
taken from the Post Standard's "Discover Syracuse: 2005-2006 Year Round Guide to CNY"
City of Syracuse
Population: 143,101
Number of homes: 33,420*
Average selling price: (east) $95,500, (north) $69,400, (south) $48,100, (west) $51,600
Residential building permits issued in 2004: 22
Property taxes on a $100,000 house:** $3,474
Police: Syracuse Police Department
Parks: Schiller, Sunnycrest, Rosa-mond Gifford Zoo, Burnet, Lincoln, Kirk, Onondaga, Thornden and others throughout the city.
Libraries: Onondaga County Central Library and its branches: Beauchamp, Betts, Hazard, Mundy, Paine, Petit, Soule and White.
Garbage pickup: Municipal. *2003 figures, latest available **Includes county, city and school taxes plus average charge for sewage.
-------------------I can't say that I'm particularly thrilled with the city of Syracuse yet. I much prefer the cultural draw of Buffalo. However, I haven't given the city a fair chance. I plan to get out this summer and explore as much as possible so that I may have an informed opinion of the place.
I have found a diner that I love, and the waitors already know that when I go in I want a #8 with coffee and cream, eggs over easy. :o) (That's the French toast meal! mmm...) Thank you, Carl's Kountry Kitchen, at the corner of Teall Ave. and Court St. for making me feel at home!
Dinosaur BBQ's barbecue is also very tasty. I was surprised because I went in expecting the absolute worst. I'm used to Texas BBQ, and I'd have to say that the Dinosaur comes pretty darn close!
My next venture will be attending a play or musical. I'm in need of live theatre! I also want to check out the Palace Theatre on James St. because I've heard good things about it, and it's close to my house.
I do miss Buffalo, but I will work hard at finding the best in Syracuse because I love my job and want to stay for a long while in my gorgeous house! I can't wait to move in!
What I'm reading: Where Yet the Sweet Birds Sing by Richard Quinney
2 comments:
Lulu! Great to see you posting! We missed you at Commencement. Tears as the Viscount CO'B walked across the stage... you woulda been proud. Glad to see you're givin' the Cuse a chance. I know you got to know and love Buffalo despite our cold temps... you'll make your own niche in due time. :)
Don't see any B=lo or Cuse dates for Ani... YET.... http://www.musi-cal.com/search?performer=DiFranco,Ani
take care lady...
we miss ye.
j
Thanks!
I'm horrible at keeping in touch, but I do think about you guys all the time.
Miss ya terribly...
Post a Comment